Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Friends of Ezra - Light a Candle & Open House

Friday, February 5, 2010 is the one year anniversary of Ezra going to heaven.
We invite all who would like to join us to come by our home on
Saturday February 6
from 6:30 - 8:30pm.
You are welcome to come and light a candle in Ezra's memory. Bring your own or we will have some here as well. Also, we will have an open house during this time and you are welcome and encouraged to come in and visit or if you would prefer to leave your candle at Ezra's shrine on our porch and not come in, that is fine too.
Kids are welcome, adults are welcome, we hope you can join us. If you are so inclined, we would love a note or letter that expresses how your life has been touched by Ezra's life, we will keep them for a book.
If you are far away, feel free to light a candle in your home for Ezra and if you want to write something on the blog, that would be lovely as well.
On Friday, February 5, kids and teachers at McGilvra Elementary will wear PINK in memory of Ezra - thank you amazing teacher friends for organizing this lovely tribute.

24 comments:

Jay and Tonja said...

I have been thinking about Ezra a lot this week. Walked down the halls of the hospital today and remembered coming to visit while you were there. In fact, I never walk by the PICU without thinking of you. We love you.
Jay.Tonja.Sidni.Cecil

Catherine Roche said...

The Roche family has been thinking about you all week and feeling like we can't believe it's been a year. We will come on Saturday and light a candle for Ezra and come inside to say hello. Please know that our thoughts are with you, now as always. We will not forget your Ezra. Love, Catherine and the family

ghd3 said...

What a neat idea. Thank you for inviting us. Kathleen and Baby M will be out of town, but the girls and I will plan to stop by. Thank you!

Sara Jean said...

I, too, have been thinking about Ezra quite a bit and reflecting on the one-year mark of his passing. The gathering on Saturday sounds wonderful. Thank you for the invitation and we will definitely stop by and share in his memory. We hope you know that you are all still in our hearts and prayers.
-Egbert clan

Bret Ashlee Watson said...

We will be there! Thank you for sharing Ezra with us. We will never forget your Ezra, your family, or your love and faith. We love you all!
Bret Ashlee, Steve, Mia & Asher

Ariana Buzzbee said...

Thank you, my family and will definitely try to be there. I have been thinking about Ezra a lot lately, and even though it makes me sad that he is gone, I always smile at the amazing person he was. I will wear pink to school tomorrow :)
You all are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Ariana B.
(and Family)

Mary Karges said...

We have been thinking a lot about all of you as well. I am so glad to know Milo is doing the next BB show. We will all be in pink on Friday and we will come light candles on Saturday.
Thank you for once again thinking of the whole community!

Lisa Calvert said...

We are thinking of Ezra at McGilvra this week - he is missed so. The kids were trying to describe Ezra today and thinking of him just made many of them giggle -- you could see them visualize something that made them smile. We will read your book about him tomorrow and visit his tree. And me? I learned how to look at that room full of children and recognize how important each one is and how much I care about each one of them. That is Ezra's gift to me.

likeschocolate said...

We have been thinking about you and Ezra. He reminds me never to take a day for granted with my children. Hugs from Georgia! Love, Kelleyn, Frank, Harris, Winston, and Roman

Sarah said...

We've been thinking about and praying for you all for the last year, but especially this last week. Today we are thinking of sweet Ezra. We will light a candle with you from Boise! Love you guys!

maria said...

We've got our pink on today! (at least the girls do - Joe can't seem to find his pink polo shirt) Love you guys lots.

Maria, Joe, Teo and Hugo

Maria said...

I'm lighting a candle tonight, sending lots of love, and remembering Ezra.
Love,
Maria Breuder

miss teapot said...

thinking of your sweet ezra especially at this time of year. will light a candle tonight and hold prayers and loving thoughts of you and ezra in our loving most places. much love, the smiths in santa rosa ca. cheryl, donald, maddy, wes

The Watson's said...

Thanks for letting us share in this. We wish Asher wasn't having a fit so that we could have spent more time with everyone, but we felt honored to have been a part of it, and we feel honored for knowing Ezra! All our love!
Steve, Bret Ashlee, Mia & Asher

sara said...

Ezra and your dear family have claimed a big part of our hearts this past year. We are so sorry we can't be there tonight but have a pinkish-red candle burning to memorialize Ezra's exuberant spirit.
Sending love from across the lake,
Sara, Ted,Jeremy and Addison Woolsey

c said...

Wish I could have stopped by this evening, but both kids were sick and Brad working, but I've been thinking a lot about you and families generally--my own mom passed away 10 years ago tomorrow. I try to live so to be able to see her again someday. I try also to never take for granted the time I have with people here too. Thanks for being such a wonderful family and for your friendship. Lots of love, Claire Hawkins.

Laura said...

Ezra's light shines in California, too. We lit a candle for him and for you, his family. We gave thanks that Ezra, Ryan, Kandice, Luka and Milo are part of our lives.
Love,
Laura, Dave, Victoria and Peter

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there to light a candle with you. We are both in Utah but our love is there with all of you. I have also been thinking of Ezra with the approach of Valentines Day. The great service at church felt like a perfect valentine for Ezra. We love you and look forward to climbing with you on 3/21.
xoxoxo - r & s thatcher

Clare said...

Hey All-
Sorry I couldn't make it, I didn't check the blog in time, but I would have loved to be there.
I have been thinking about Ezra lately, not only because of the anniversary of his passing, but also because of my unfortunate habit of pondering life in my spare time, and Ezra was life and enthusiasim and so much more.
I want you to know that last year while visiting various centuries-old churches and cathedrals in London, Paris and Brussels, my family strove to light candles in honor of Ezra. He had candles burning in Notre Dame, Westminster Abbey and Sainte Chapelle, not to mention the Tower of London and Hampton Court. Anya, my little sister, made sure we never neglected to light Ezra a candle under the stained glass window we thought he'd enjoy the most.
My heart goes out to you all. I cannot believe a full year has passed...
Thank you,
Clare and Family

hhespelt said...

I wanted to be there on Saturday--but needed to be in Idaho for my dad's 80th birthday. Ezra and your family are so frequently in my thoughts. It is hard to believe that a year has passed. Time passes so quickly--my mother died 20 years ago this month and so much of her is still with me every day. Hugs to all of you. --Heidi

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon Ezra's blog after making a donation to the Big Climb for a friend. I am so touched by your son's life and the love you clearly shared with him every living day of his life. I'm still a relatively new mom to a two and 1/2 year old, and reading about your loss reminds me to cherish every moment even when it gets stressful. Thank you, and thank you Ezra. Wishing you and your family a peaceful spring.

Greg Dymerski said...

I take much inspiration in Ezra and Team Ezra- I am sorry it took so long to get on your blog... I have my own blog as an ALL cancer fighter also participating in the big climb. Our team is "I Got A Fever." I am also a big Beatles fan- we share there too. Your family is truly worthy of praise.

gdymerski.blogspot.com

Greg

Amanda Hobbs Dierenfeldt said...

I appreciate your blog today.. have spent an hour/half reading your article in the Mormon Times and then, here, on the blog. Thank you for posting during such a hard time. you are a great writer and mom and I plan to immpliment some things with my own son!

Anonymous said...

I saw the video about Ezra--how beautifully done. You let us see who he was for so many precious years before the diagnosis. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep him in my thoughts this weekend when I attempt the Big Climb this weekend, and all of you in my prayers always.