Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween Memories











The conversation in our home during October has always been about - Halloween Costumes. The kids have always loved to plan their costumes, gather materials, and make something creative. Sometimes there was a theme, sometimes not. For weeks this subject would be discussed. They even had to worry about what the dog would dress like.
In any case, in honor of Ezra, here are some photos to share as we approach Halloween 2009. When I look at these I remember Ezra's creativity, humor, self confidence, passion, and joie de vivre - Ezra had fun doing everything, he truly loved life. He taught me so much, even through something as silly as dressing up for Halloween. Amazing Ezra, here's to you.
Photos: Ezra as an Oompa Loompa (Milo as Groucho Marx) - 3rd grade. The White Rabbit from Alice and Wonderland - Ryan made that nose through a complicated and scary (for me) process that involved taking a mold of Ezra's face which required him to breath out of straws stuffed up his nose for about 20 minutes while it set. I still shiver. Milo was one of the Queen of Heart's cards that was 4th grade. And last year: Tweedle Dee. All the kids got in on the Alice in Wonderland theme last year. Milo was the Dormouse. Luka was the Mad Hatter.

4 comments:

ghd3 said...

These are _great_ pictures. I love the one with all three kids with Luka in the hat (mad hatter). Classic. Thanks for sharing these. We're going to miss seeing Ezra in costume this year, but look forward to hopefully seeing Milo & Luka in theirs!

Becky Andrews said...

Such fun pictures and special memories. His wonderful fun personality is evident in the pictures and your sharing. Thinking of you and your family. Love from Becky & Cricket

Anna J said...

I love the ostumes!

likeschocolate said...

Great costumes!